Tuesday, September 16, 2008

30 Abs - The Movie

Here are the before and after shots from the 30 Day Ab Challenge.

Before:




After:


I wasn't sure if the difference would be noticeable without blowing the pics up and examining them, but actually, I think I see a little difference, and it's not from sucking in my gut.The "love handles" are slightly smaller, too, thanks, in part, to some nice weather that allowed me to ride several times a week.

I've joined my wife who is doing Weight Watchers "Core" program. For the last two weeks, I gave up bread and bread products completely, and that seems to have been the trick to lose some weight. I don't eat a lot of bread, but a sandwich of lunch every day is 200 calories in bread alone - even if it is whole multi-grain with lots of fiber. I think that I can live for a few months without donuts, bread, buns, rolls, and the various forms of flour that typically has been making up my diet. Core allows bread as extra points, but I thought I would give it a try, since it's so similar to the South Beach diet, which also seems to work well for people.

1 comment:

  1. Your pics look great! I can definitely tell a difference. And I agree about the carbs making a difference. If I cut out processed carbs (the donuts, muffins, crackers, white bread and rice, and other stuff like that), I feel a lot better and I usually drop a few pounds. But I'm generally okay with sticking to the complex carbs- whole grain bread, brown rice, vegetables, etc, as long as my portions aren't too big.

    Good luck with the WW plan. I am going to continue doing ab work 3 times a week, and get back to doing my food journal, so that I can see how much I'm eating every day, and limit where needed. Hopefully the weather will continue to be nice for a while so you can get in some more biking!!

    ReplyDelete

 

© Copyright Alam Perwira | Born to Glory Template Created By : Alam Perwira and original template by Denzdii | Powered By : Blogger